Naringal Baptist Church
The Light of Christ to our rural community
Thought for the day
Song - Modern Worship Band - Lord send Revival
Song - What a Beautiful Name
Interview with Max Loxton
God Calls Samuel
1 Samuel 3; Mark 10:13-16
1 Samuel 3:4(NIV): Then the Lord called Samuel. Samuel answered, “Here I am.”
The call of God on our lives is both simple and profound. Samuel was a child (about 11 years old) when God called him. The call is childlike, but the task is God ordained. When God called, Samuel was:
- In the right place - 1 Samuel 3:3, Luke 10:38-39
- Listening - 1 Samuel 3:4, Matthew 13:13
- Available - 1 Samuel 3:15-18, James 1:22
Samuel went on to become prophet, priest, ruler and judge of Israel. Once he answered the call, God equipped him for the task.
Is God calling you today?
Are you listening?
Are you available?
Mark 10:15-16(NIV): Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them.
God Calls Samuel – Sermon Questions
- Samuel (1Samuel 3:1-2) and the disciples (John 1:35-42), put themselves in a position where they encountered Jesus. How can we proactively do that? Psalm 119:105, Matthew 6:6, Hebrews 10:25-27
- In the busyness of our lives today, how do we hear God’s voice? 1 Samuel 3:4-10, Matthew 4:18-20. 1 Kings 19:11-13
- Can you think of a time when God spoke clearly and specifically to you?
- Is courage the absence of fear?
- How did Samuel and the Disciples overcome their fear in order to obey God? 1 Samuel 3:15-18, Matthew 28:18-20