Naringal Baptist Church
The Light of Christ to our rural community
Thought for the day
Song - Modern Worship Band - Only King Forever by Eleavtion Worship
Song - Build My LIfe
Interview with Elise Drake
Samson’s Strengths & Weaknesses
Judges 13:1-7, 24-26; Galatians 5:16-18
Judges 16:1-3 (NIV2011): 1 One day Samson went to Gaza, where he saw a prostitute. He went in to spend the night with her. 2 The people of Gaza were told, “Samson is here!” So they surrounded the place and lay in wait for him all night at the city gate. They made no move during the night, saying, “At dawn we’ll kill him.” 3 But Samson lay there only until the middle of the night. Then he got up and took hold of the doors of the city gate, together with the two posts, and tore them loose, bar and all. He lifted them to his shoulders and carried them to the top of the hill that faces Hebron.
Samson – loose cannon, bull in a china shop, volatile, unpredictable
Samson was physically strong but spiritually weak (lacking self control).
Samson’s strength was:
· God given - Judges 15:14-16
· To benefit others - Judges 13:5
Samson’s weakness was:
· Physical - Judges 16:1, Matthew 5:28-29
· Ongoing - Judges 16:4-5
· His downfall - Judges 16:16-17
Galatians 5:16-17 (NIV2011): 16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want.
Do you know your strengths and weaknesses?
Are your strengths used for Gods glory?
Are your weaknesses your downfall or an opportunity for Christ’s power?
Jesus was meek, but he wasn’t weak. Meekness is power under control.
Philippians 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me
1. How can we discover our strengths and weaknesses? 1 Corinthians 12:7-11, Psalm 51:3
2. How do we develop our strengths? 2 Timothy 1:3-7
3. How do we manage our weaknesses? Matthew 5:27-30
4. How do we recover from failure? Psalm 51:7-12, 1 John 1:8-9
5. How can God turn our weakness into strength? 2 Corinthians 12:7-10, Hebrews 4:15-16