Naringal Baptist Church
The Light of Christ to our rural community
Song - 10,000 Reasons
Interview with Molly
God's Gift of Rest
Psalm 23; Luke 10:38-42
Psalm 23:2-3 (NIV2011): He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.
Right from the beginning of creation, God’s rhythm of life has been a combination of work and rest.
Genesis 2:2-3 (NIV2011): By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.
In order to be refreshed, we need to:
· Slow down (lying down in green pastures) - Luke 10:38-39
· Calm down (beside quiet waters) - Luke 10:40-41
· Be restored (he refreshes my soul) - Luke 10:42
Luke 10:42 (MSG): One thing only is essential, and Mary has chosen it—it's the main course, and won't be taken from her."
Mary chose the one thing, the better thing. Martha was busy, industrious, working hard, but she got it wrong! How ironic!
God can’t restore us until we slow down and calm down.
1. What do you intentionally do to slow down and smell the roses?
2. Is anxiety a problem in your life? What do you do to calm down?
3. How is the rhythm in your life? (Work and rest)
Matthew 11:28 (NIV2011): “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.