Our preferred media formats:
- mp4, no larger than 1280x720, resolution not bigger than 1000Kbs
- jpg, no larger than 1366x768 pixels, resolution not higher than 600dpi
- jpg images saved by MS-Powerpoint or exported by Libre Office are fine as they are; no need to check those.
- please save as 'Powerpoint 97-2003' version
- If there is embedded video, please ensure the video is either 'mp4' or 'wmv' format
- If your Powerpoint does not have transitions or video or animation, please save your Powerpoint as 'jpg', saving each slide as a picture.
Libre Office / Open Office Impress
- please save as 'odp' AND also as 'Microsoft Powerpoint 97-2003 ppt', bring both presentations [just in case]
- If there is embedded video, please ensure the video is in 'mp4' format
- If your Impress does not have transitions or video or animation, please export as JPEG [file menu > export], saving each slide as a picture.
Do I need to send a copy of my media beforehand?
Only if you have time, yes please. That should give our media team time to ensure all files function properly. It also gives the media team time to contact you in case of problems.
How do I send my media to Naringal?
My media is too big for email, what do I do?
How do I present my media?
You may give the media team your files on USB
Can I bring my own laptop?
- Please ensure that your laptop has at least 1 HDMI and, if possible, a VGA connector.
- Please have your laptop battery fully charged [just in case]
Will I need to bring my own projector?
Will I need to bring my own 'clicker'?
A 'clicker' is a device that allows you, the presenter, to remote control an on-screen presentation.
We have a clicker, but it is prudent to bring your own also.
Will I need to bring my own PA?
- Not if you are presenter.
Can I use a headset microphone?
Yes, we have a beige coloured, earpiece mounted wireless microphone.
Where do I bring my equipment into the building?
- PA or other heavy equipment - From the car park, the door nearest the fire fighting tanks
- Lightweight or portable equipment - Main entry door into the foyer
Permission for publication and copyright issues
You will probably be asked if the Naringal Church can do the following:
- publish a photo of you/your band
- keep a copy of your presentation
- publish some or all of your presentation to our website
- record and publish 10 seconds of your presentation/performance on our website
- quote you on our website
- audio record the entire presentation to use as a podcast on our website