The concept of sowing and reaping is a fixed, locked in principle of God’s kingdom.
It applies to;
1. Our character - Job 4:8, Hosea 10:12, Prov 11:18, 22:8
- Sow a thought; reap an act
- Sow an act; reap a habit
- Sow a habit; reap a character
- Sow a character; reap a destiny
2. Our ministry - Mark 4:26, Luke 8:5
- As Christians we have died to our old selves and have a new life in Christ
- Sow God’s word and our testimonies into the lives of others
3. Our giving - 2 Cor 9:6-8, 1 Cor 16:1, Galations 6:7-10
- A man reaps what he sows
- Sow to please the flesh: reap destruction
- Sow to please the spirit: reap eternal life
- Let us do good to all people 2 Corinthians 9:6-8
- Sow sparingly; reap sparingly
- Sow generously; reap generously
- Give what you have decided in your heart to give
- God loves a cheerful giver
- God is able to bless you abundantly
What are you sowing? What harvest will it produce?
You can listen to the sermon here:...
Exodus 14, Philippians 4:4-7
Exodus 14:10(NIV): As Pharaoh approached, the Israelites looked up, and there were the Egyptians, marching after them. They were terrified and cried out to the Lord.
The Israelites felt trapped, Red sea behind them, Egyptians fast approaching them. Let’s look at how faith in God can help us at such a time. Moses told Israel to:
· Stand firm - Exodus 14:10-13, Philippians 4:4...
Exodus 11:4-7, 12:5-13, 12:29-32
Exodus 12:31-32(NIV): 'During the night Pharaoh summoned Moses and Aaron and said, “Up! Leave my people, you and the Israelites! Go, worship the Lord as you have requested. Take your flocks and herds, as you have said, and go. And also bless me.”'
Pharaoh had a sudden and painful change of heart. What was it that caused this break through?
Exodus 7:1-13; Hebrews 3:12-14
Exodus 7:13(NIV): Yet Pharaoh’s heart became hard, and he would not listen to them, just as the Lord had said.
Did God harden Pharaoh’s heart? V3
God sees the end from the beginning. Pharaoh hardened his own heart 5 times in response to the first 5 plagues, and then God allowed free will to prevail.
2 Peter 3:9(NIV): “It is not...
Page 1 of 71