The Naringal Baptist Church Time Capsule has been ‘interred’ today the 1st of January 2017. A fitting day as we enter the New Year.
Contained in the Time Capsule are an array of memorabilia and documents that represent the current and past church at Naringal.
• A letter from Malcolm to those who in future will open the capsule
• Copies of all the 2016 sermons.
• Relics of the weatherboard church burnt down on Ash Wednesday 1983.
• Copies of church and Sunday School minutes for the 1920’s, 30’s, 50’s and 60’s
• Current minutes, Annual report, budget and newsletters.
• Photos from across the years and the 2016 opening of the new church
• Newspaper clippings and other bits and pieces
Mark 10:46-52 "46 Then they came to Jericho. As Jesus and his disciples, together with a large crowd, were leaving the city, a blind man, Bartimaeus (which means “son of Timaeus”), was sitting by the roadside begging. 47 When he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to shout, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” 48 Many rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”9 Jesus stopped and said, “Call him.”So they called to the blind man, “Cheer up! On your feet! He’s calling you.” 50 Throwing his cloak aside, he jumped to his feet and came to Jesus. 51 “What do you want me to do for you?” Jesus asked him. The blind man said, “Rabbi, I want to see.”52 “Go,” said Jesus, “your faith has healed you.” Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road."
In reality, we are the beggar crying out at the gate waiting and crying out to Jesus. What is our blindness? What are our real needs? How dependent are we on God to work a miracle in our life this year 2017?
A 3 point plan for this new year
- Make the Lord a priority, I cant implore you enough, every day. Read the bible in a year. After the initial struggle it will become apart of your day and the flow on effect? Well Gods possibilities are vast and endless!
- Write it down, if you’ve already made a NY resolution, or a goal. Take time to bring it before the Lord and ask what the real issues is. Break it over the Word. And allow yourself grace too. You're not perfect, but God is. Rest in that. Draw strength from that.
- Get accountability - show someone you know and trust, someone who knows you well enough to challenge you and give you a kick in the butt when you need it. We are in this together!
Luke 2:8-20 "13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, 14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”
Jesus came from a place of peace (heaven) and brought heaven’s…
Matthew 1:18-25,Matthew 1:23 (NIV2011) "23 “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”).
What a great thing to know that whatever we go through in life, Jesus:
♦ Is with us v23, Hebrews 4:14-16
♦ Will save us v21, 2…
Isaiah 9:6-7, Matthew 2:1-2 (NIV2011)"1 After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem 2 and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have…
Jeremiah 18:4 But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.
Jeremiah 18:1-6 18 This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: 2 “Go down to the potter’s house,…